Things are really starting to cook now! Beta 6 is hot off the text editor and packs a huge amount of updates.
Here’s what’s new:
- Filesystem storage support for product images and digital product downloads (faster than database storage and supports huge files 1GB-2GB)
- Browser-based alternative file uploads for product images and digital product downloads for when Flash is being a pain
- RSS feed enhancements to support Google Base (submit your product RSS feeds to Google and get your products in Google’s product search)
- Category grid/list view toggle control (keeps the setting throughout the visit)
- Plugin hooks for custom post-order processing (useful for developers that need to create software keys after a successful order)
- New option to show smart categories in the category list (shopp() tag and Shopp categories widget)
- Products now have a Published setting so you can work on products until they’re just so before going into your catalog
- Enhanced the order management screen to show the customer’s phone/email
- Enhanced the order receipt to now show the shipping address label beside the billing label
- Enhancements for WordPress 2.7
Also, there are a ton of fixes and improvements in this release including fixes for the promotions system, file upload error handling, better out-of-stock handling and so much more!
It’s the biggest and best release yet, so fire up that Shopp update screen and let me know what you think.