The Beanstream payment gateway add-on connects to the Canadian-based online payment card processor Beanstream. Beanstream provides payment card processing services for merchants operating in both the US and Canada. The Beanstream add-on for Shopp provides a seamless onsite checkout process where the customer stays on your website throughout the entire transaction.
You will need the following information before you start setting up your Beanstream account and the Beanstream add-on for Shopp:
- A merchant account
- A Beanstream processing account Apply for a Beanstream account
Web Hosting Setup
Since the Beanstream payment gateway for Shopp uses an onsite checkout process, sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) may be entered on your website. In order to protect your customer’s information your website’s hosting service will need to be SSL Setup|setup to support SSL.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
When your Beanstream account is approved and successfully set up, you will need to locate the Merchant ID assigned to your account.
Beanstream identifies merchants by their unique 9-digit identifier (the one provided by email at sign-up). If you’ve signed up for more than one service or processing currency, you may have been issued multiple ID numbers. You must complete separate integrations for each ID number that you have been issued.
To setup Shopp to use Beanstream, login to your website’s WordPress admin and navigate to Shopp → Settings → Payments.
- Payment Gateway
Select Beanstream from the Payment Gateway menu and click the Add Payment Option button.
- Option Name
Enter a custom label for the payment option as you would like it to appear on your store front (such as Credit Card)
- Supported Cards
Select the payment cards your site will accept for processing
- Merchant ID
Enter your Beanstream Vendor Name
Your account will initially start in a test mode. You’ll be able to view the transaction process from beginning to end without sending real information to the banking network. These numbers will not be valid on live accounts. If you wish to run tests on an integration and your account is already live, contact our support team and request a separate “sandbox” account for your company. While your account is in test mode, Beanstream will only process specific test credit card numbers.
- Visa – Use CVD/CVV code 123
- Approved 4030000010001234
- Approved $100 Limit 4504481742333
- Approved VBV 4123450131003312 with VBV passcode 12345
- Declined 4003050500040005
- MasterCard – Use CVD/CVV code 123
- Approved 5100000010001004
- Approved 5194930004875020
- Approved 5123450000002889
- Approved 3D Secure 5123450000000000 passcode 12345
- Declined 5100000020002000
- American Express – Use CVD/CVV code 1234
- Approved 371100001000131
- Declined 342400001000180
- Discover – Use CVD/CVV code 123
- Approved 6011500080009080
- Declined 6011000900901111