The HSBC ePayments addon connects Shopp to the HSBC Secure ePayments transaction processing for UK-based merchants. This addon for Shopp uses the HSBC Secure ePayments XML API to provide a seamless onsite checkout process where the customer completes the entire purchase on your website.
You will need the following information before you start setting up your HSBC Secure ePayments account and the HSBC Secure ePayments add-on for Shopp:
- Account contact details (name, telephone and email)
- Company details (address, VAT number and company registration number) (name, address, industry and type of business)
- Bank sort number and account number where funds will be transferred
HSBC Account Setup
- Apply for a HSBC card processing services
- Click the Apply button to setup a new account.
- Complete the application process
- You will receive an email with account details including the User ID, Client ID, Password and Client Alias
Web Hosting Setup
Since the HSBC Secure ePayments payment gateway for Shopp uses an onsite checkout process, sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) may be entered on your website. In order to protect your customer’s information your website’s hosting service will need to be SSL Setup|setup to support SSL.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp installation under:
To setup Shopp to use HSBC Secure ePayments, login to your website’s WordPress admin and navigate to Shopp → Setup → Payments.
- Payment Gateway
Select HSBC ePayments from the Payment Gateway menu and click the Add Payment Option button.
- Option Name
Enter a custom label for the payment option as you would like it to appear on your store front (such as Credit Card)
- Supported Cards
Select the payment cards your site will accept for processing
- HSBC ePayments username
Enter the User ID from the email you received after setting up your account.
- HSBC ePayments password
Enter the Password provided in the email you received after setting up your account.
- HSBC ePayments Client ID
Enter the Client ID provided in the email you received after setting up your account.
- Enable test mode
By toggling on this setting, you will be able to run test transactions using HSBC Secure ePayments without any money changing hands or accounts being debited. This will allow you to test that your setup is working correctly before going live. Test transactions will appear in your Shopp order management screen as a regular order. You may simply disregard or delete any test orders you create.