The Merchant Warrior payment gateway add-on connects to the Australia based Merchant Warrior. Merchant Warrior provides card payment processing directly with a customer’s bank in seconds. The Merchant Warrior add-on for Shopp provides a seamless onsite checkout process where the customer stays on your website throughout the entire transaction.
Merchant Warrior Account Setup
If you don’t already have an account, Apply for a Merchant Warrior account.
When your account is created, you will receive an email with your account login details and a welcome email.
You should be aware that most Merchant Warrior accounts are setup to support the AUD currency. If your store front operates from a base of operations that uses a different currency, you will likely need to add that currency code to your Merchant Warrior account settings.
Web Hosting Setup
Since the Merchant Warrior payment gateway for Shopp uses an onsite checkout process, sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) may be entered on your website. In order to protect your customer’s information your website’s hosting service will need to be SSL Setup|setup to support SSL.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
When your Merchant Warrior account is successfully set up, you will need to login to your account to locate the information you need for the Shopp add-on settings.
- Login to your Merchant Warrior account
- Once logged in, click the Warrior Express in the menu on the left
- Make note of your Merchant UUID, API Key and API Passphrase
To setup Shopp to use Merchant Warrior, login to your website’s WordPress admin and navigate to Shopp → Settings → Payments.
- Payment Gateway`Select Merchant Warrior from the Payment Gateway menu and click the Add Payment Option button.
- Option Name`Enter a custom label for the payment option as you would like it to appear on your store front (such as Credit Card)
- Supported Cards`Select the payment cards your site will accept for processing
- Merchant UUID`Enter your Merchant Warrior Merchant UUID
- API Key`Enter your Merchant Warrior API Key
- API Passphrase`Enter your Merchant Warrior API Passphrase
- Enable test mode`By toggling on this setting, you will be able to run test transactions using Merchant Warrior without any money changing hands or accounts being debited. This will allow you to test that your setup is working correctly before going live. Test transactions will appear in your Shopp order management screen as a regular order. You may simply disregard or delete any test orders you create.
The welcome email you receive from Merchant Warrior will detail test credit cards to use. Also note that in order to test successful transactions you must submit orders with a total amount ending with .00 (even). Any other amount will result in an transaction decline error response. For more details on this, see your welcome email from Merchant Warrior.