The Sage Pay Form payment add-on for Shopp integrates your Shopp storefront checkout to the UK-based Sage Pay Go payment platform through the form integration system. Sage Pay Form is a remote payment processing system where customers leave the store to complete payment on the Sage Pay payment site. It does not require the setup of an SSL certificate, though an SSL certificate can boost buyer confidence.
Sage Pay Account Setup
- Apply for a Sage Pay account
- Click the Apply button to setup a new account.
- Specify an email address and confirm it, then enter your contact and company details.
- Click the Create Account button.
- You will receive an email with a generated password for your account. Be sure to change your password and write your new password down.
- Click the link in the email you received and login with your email address and the password provided in the email.
- Change your password, retype it to confirm it and write down your new password.
- Be sure to specify your VSP Vendor Name and write it down as this is used
- Click the Next button and complete the remaining steps to finish your account setup.
- Review and confirm that all the information you have supplied is correct
When your account is created, your account will automatically be ready for Test Mode transactions but will not be activated for processing live transactions. Please read and follow these steps to get your account activated for processing live transactions:
Additionally you should be aware that most Sage Pay accounts are setup to support the GBP currency. If your store front operates from a base of operations that uses a different currency, you will likely need to add that currency code to your Sage Pay account settings.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
When your Sage Pay account is successfully set up, you will need to find your Vendor Name and password. To setup Shopp to use Sage Pay Form, login to your WordPress Admin navigate to Shopp → Setup → Payments:
- Payment Gateway
Select Sage Pay Form from the Payment Gateway menu.
- Vendor Name
Enter your Vendor Name provided by Sage Pay when your account was setup.
Enter your password for your Sage Pay account.
- 3D Secure
Enable the 3D Secure setting to require enrolled customers to enter extra authentication to reduce fraudulent transactions.
- Order receipts
Set the receipt preference for Sage Pay to send order receipts via email.
- Processing mode
Use Test while your account is in test mode. Select Simulator to simulate payments without any real money moving between accounts. Choose Production to run real transactions.