The Sage Pay payment gateway add-on connects to the UK & Ireland card payment processor Sage Pay (formerly Protx), and provides secure payment processing for businesses of all sizes. The SagePay add-on for Shopp provides a seamless onsite checkout process where the customer stays on your website throughout the entire transaction.
You will need the following information before you start setting up your Sage Pay account and the Sage Pay add-on for Shopp:
- Company details (address, VAT number and company registration number)
- Address and contact name for your accounts department
- A merchant account and merchant account number(s)
- Bank sort number and account number where funds will be transferred
- Bank sort number and account number for Sage Pay charges
Sage Pay Account Setup
- Apply for a Sage Pay account
- Click the Apply button to setup a new account.
- Specify an email address and confirm it, then enter your contact and company details.
- Click the Create Account button.
- You will receive an email with a generated password for your account. Be sure to change your password and write your new password down.
- Click the link in the email you received and login with your email address and the password provided in the email.
- Change your password, retype it to confirm it and write down your new password.
- Be sure to specify your VSP Vendor Name and write it down as this is used
- Click the Next button and complete the remaining steps to finish your account setup.
- Review and confirm that all the information you have supplied is correct
When your account is created, your account will automatically be ready for Test Mode transactions but will not be activated for processing live transactions. Please read and follow these steps to get your account activated for processing live transactions:
Additionally you should be aware that most Sage Pay accounts are setup to support the GBP currency. If your store front operates from a base of operations that uses a different currency, you will likely need to add that currency code to your Sage Pay account settings.
Sage Pay supports the use of 3D Secure and the Sage Pay add-on for Shopp provides support for this additional security feature. International Meastro cards require 3D Secure is setup and supported. UK Maestro cards may or may not require 3D secure – be sure to contact your merchant bank to find out if you are required to be enrolled in 3D Secure to process UK Maestro cards.
To enable 3D Secure, you will first need to request that 3D Secure is activated on your account by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that 3D Secure checking will only work if your account with Sage Pay has been enabled for 3D Secure.
3D Secure Checking is On
Click the “Turn off” button to switch off 3D Secure and any associated rules on your account. When you have activated 3D Secure on your account, all e-commerce transactions will be checked to ensure they are 3D Secure compliant and if so will be passed to the issuing bank for authentication. Non-compliant cards will simply have an authorization request processed.
Web Hosting Setup
Since the Sage Pay payment gateway for Shopp uses an onsite checkout process, sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) may be entered on your website. In order to protect your customer’s information your website’s hosting service will need to be 3D Secure.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
When your Sage Pay account is successfully set up, you will need to locate the Vendor Name you specified for your account. To setup Shopp to use Sage Pay, login to your website’s WordPress admin and navigate to Shopp → Settings → Payments.
- Payment Gateway
Select Sage Pay from the Payment Gateway menu and click the Add Payment Option button.
- Option Name
Enter a custom label for the payment option as you would like it to appear on your store front (such as Credit Card)
- Supported Cards
Select the payment cards your site will accept for processing
- Vendor Name
Enter your Sage Pay Vendor Name
- Enable test mode
By toggling on this setting, you will be able to run test transactions using Sage Pay without any money changing hands or accounts being debited. This will allow you to test that your setup is working correctly before going live. Test transactions will appear in your Shopp order management screen as a regular order. You may simply disregard or delete any test orders you create.