Samurai by FeeFighters is an easy, inexpensive and worry-free US-based payment gateway for accepting credit cards on the web. The Samurai add-on for Shopp connects to your Shopp storefront to the Samurai payment system for affordable, secure transactions with a seamless onsite checkout experience for your customers.
Start Using Samurai to make money and send real transactions. Free signup. No credit card needed.
- Go to https://samurai.feefighters.com
- Sign up for an account
- Your account will come with a sandbox processor
- Download the appropriate source code library and/or examples and start processing transactions. Integrate the code into your website.
- Send a test transaction.
- Turn on a production processor and connect it to your merchant account. If you do not already have a merchant account we will set one up for you on excellent terms (more information on Samurai Pricing)
- Make money!
Web Hosting Setup
Since the Samurai addon for Shopp uses an onsite checkout process, sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) will be entered on your website. In order to protect your customer’s information, your website’s hosting service will need to have SSL Setup|setup to support SSL. Setting up SSL will require an SSL certificate for your website. You can buy SSL certificates from the Shopp Store.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
To setup Shopp to use Samurai, login to your website’s WordPress admin and navigate to Shopp → Setup → Payments.
- Payment Gateway
Select Samurai from the Payment Gateway menu and click the Add Payment Option button.
- Option Name
Enter a custom label for the payment option as you would like it to appear on your store front (such as Credit Card)
- Supported Cards
Select the payment cards your site will accept for processing
- Samurai Merchant Key
Login to your Samurai account to find your Merchant Key. Copy and paste it into your Shopp settings for Samurai.
- Samurai Merchant Pasword
Login to your Samurai account to find your Merchant Password. Copy and paste it into your Shopp settings for Samurai.
- Samurai Processor Token
Login to your Samurai account to find your Processor Token. Copy and paste it into your Shopp settings for Samurai.
- Enable test mode
Your account will initially be setup to use the Samurai sandbox for testing. Until your merchant account application and setup is complete, this setting will need to remain enabled. Once your merchant account is ready, you will be approved for live payments. You can then enable this setting to use the sandbox, or leave it disabled to process live payments and move real money between accounts.