Shopp has an easy installation process like most other WordPress plugins.
Before You Install
There are a few things to do before setting up Shopp:
- Ensure your website’s server environment meets the Shopp System Requirements
- If you plan to use an onsite checkout process, you will need to buy and install an[SSL certificate on your server. For details, read about SSL Certificates in the Payment Gateways section.
To install Shopp:
- Download the plugin file:
- Unzip the
shopp.zipfile. This will create a
shopp/folder also known as a directory and add the Shopp plugin files to this directory.
- Using an FTP program, or the file transfer method your hosting provider recommends, upload the
shopp/directory to the
(wordpress)/wp-content/plugins/directory on your host where you have installed WordPress.
- Login to your WordPress administration page and click the Plugins menu
- Find Shopp in the list of available plugins and click Activate. The Shopp menus will appear on the left.
- Click on any of the Shopp menus to start setting up your new Shopp storefront!