If you are using an older version of Shopp, the plugin can be easily upgraded from the WordPress Admin.
Before upgrading Shopp, it is strongly recommended that you create a backup of your WordPress site files, and your site database. If an upgrade process fails for any reason, having a full backup of your site is crucial to restoring your site to its original condition. We recommend the BackupBuddy plugin by the PluginBuddy team for performing regular full backups of your WordPress site and database.
Checking for Updates
To check for updates, open the WordPress admin page, and navigate to the Plugins menu. If a new version is available, there will be a notice listed under the Shopp plugin row. Updates are available only after activating your update key, see Quick Setup.
Upgrading in WordPress
To begin the update, click the upgrade automatically link. You may be asked to provide your connection information.
Enter your FTP (or FTPS) username and password for your site, and click the Proceed button. After the installation or upgrade is complete, you will be ready for Shopp setup.
Upgrading with FTP
To upgrade with FTP software, you should be familiar with how your FTP software works. Generally, upgrading using FTP requires first downloading the updated Shopp plugin from shopplugin.net.
Download the updated Shopp plugin
- Login to your Shopp Store Account.
- Click the Downloads menu.
- Click the Download button for the Shopp Core download.
- Locate the downloaded ZIP file and uncompress it.
Deactivate Shopp before Uploading
- Login to the WordPress Admin.
- Navigate to the Plugins menu.
- Locate the Shopp plugin and click the Deactivate link.
Upload and replace Shopp
- Launch your FTP software and connect to your WordPress web site.
- Navigate to the WordPress
- Move or remove the existing
shopp/directory. For example, you could move it to
wp-content/shopp-backup/to preserve the current files and make it easier to switch back to if needed.
- Upload the
shopp/directory to your WordPress install in the
- Return to the WordPress Admin under the Plugins manager and click the Activate link for Shopp to reactivate the plugin.