UPS Shipping Module only supplies shipping cost information from UPS, and does not handle fulfillment.
The UPS shipping add-on will add live UPS service rates to your store. You must purchase the add-on from the Shopp Store and upload it to your Shopp installation.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
Getting Access to UPS Service Rates API
- Start at the Get UPS Online Tools page.
- Follow the instructions on the site to Request an access key (Also referred to as a UPS Access License Number)
There are several account identifiers used by UPS. It is helpful to have a basic understanding of them.
- The user ID and password are the credentials used for logging into UPS.com
- The UPS Account Number refers to your account with UPS for shipping packages
- The Access key (also known as an Access License Number is provided by UPS when you request an access key for use with UPS Online Tools.
Generally the process requires the following steps:
- Register for a UPS.com account and sign in
- Register a UPS shipping account (account number)
- Request an access key
According to the UPS Rating API documentation:
- UPS restricts the usage of the Rating API only by users who plan to ship packages manifested, tendered, and delivered by UPS.
- Any customers/developers abusing the Rating API or data mining the API will have their access revoked.
- The user can utilize the Rating API by first registering on UPS.com with a User ID and Password. Once they have registered they would need to obtain an Access Key from UPS.com that provides access to the Rating API. To obtain an Access Key an account number needs to be added or created in their UPS.com profile.
- Users are provided with both testing and production access to the Rating API when the Access Key is requested.
- The Rating API provides both Published Rates as well as Negotiated Rates.
- Users who want to obtain their Negotiated Rates or want to see their Account Based Rating (ABR) information via the Rating API first need to have their account numbers set up for ABR by their UPS Account Executive and then authenticate their account
Shopp UPS Settings
- Login to your WordPress Admin and navigate to Shopp → Settings → Shipping
- For the appropriate shipping method, select UPS Service Rates
- Select all of the shipping services you wish to offer your customers and apply to your products
- Enter the UPS Access License Number – You received this after completing the Request an access key step above.
- Enter your UPS User ID – The login name to your UPS online account
- Enter your UPS password – The password for your UPS online account
- Enter Your postal code – The postal code you will be shipping from