The USPS Rates add-on provides live shipping rates from the United States Postal Service using the USPS Web Tools API.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
USPS Web Tools Account Registration
You will need to register for a USPS Web Tools account in order to get access to the Web Tools services.
- Fill out the registration form completely to setup your Web Tools account.
- You will be sent an email including your USPS Web Tools User ID and further instructions to switch your account to the production environment.
To use the production servers, email the USPS Internet Customer Care Center (ICCC). They will switch your profile to allow you access to the production server and will provide you with the production URLs.
The ICCC is staffed from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Eastern Time.
- E-mail: [mailto:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Telephone: 1-800-344-7779
These values are automatically supplied by the addon when Shopp sends a shipping calculation request to USPS. Simply proceed to call or email USPS as instructed in the email, and ask them enable your account on their production servers.
The email from USPS appears to be asking for an
XML_String_containing_User_ID. It is not.
Shopp USPS Settings
- Login to your WordPress Admin and navigate to Shopp → Setup → Shipping → Rates
- For the appropriate shipping method, select USPS Rates
- Select all of the shipping services you wish to offer your customers and apply to your products
- Enter your User ID – The USPS Web Tools User ID you received by email when you registered for your account.
- Enter Your postal code – The postal code you will be shipping from
- Click the Save Changes button to apply your changes.