Amazon S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service) is a cloud storage service provided by Amazon Web Services
- You will need to create an Amazon S3 account
- You will need to create one or more storage buckets (bucket name in lower case letters only)
- You will need your Amazon Web Services access and secret keys for Shopp settings
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
To use Amazon S3 to store your images and product files for Shopp, select Amazon S3 for Image Files and/or Product Files from your System Settings from your WordPress Admin pages under Shopp → Setup → System.
When you select Amazon S3, you will be presented with inputs:
- Amazon Web Services access key
- Amazon Web Services secret key
Enter these two settings, and save your System Settings.
You will then be presented with an option to select one of the storage buckets which you have created in at Amazon.
Select one and save your settings again.
- Make sure your bucket name is all lower-case letters. When trying to attach a file when the bucket name is not all lower case letters, the module will throw the debug error PHP USER WARNING: S3::getBucket(): [NoSuchBucket] The specified bucket does not exist
- HostGator hosting has been reported to experience intermittent connectivity problems connecting to Amazon S3.