A Shopp Support Key is a plugin activated on your site that registers your website’s Shopp install to:
- Get official support from the Shopp Support Team
- One-click updates for the Shopp plugin from shopplugin.com
- One-click updates for all active add-ons purchased from shopplugin.com
Support Keys provide support and update services from shopplugin.com for up to 1 year. After which, the key must be renewed for continued service.
Support Key Installation
Shopp 1.3 removed the support key code field from the setup screen. Shopp Support Keys are now distributed as a separate plugin you will need to download and install. To install a support key, download the support key plugin from your Shopp Store Account.
For owners of multiple keys, each key will be available as a separate Shopp Support Key download. The plugin is individualized with a certified key embedded inside it. Simply download the plugin and install it into WordPress. Activate the key and the Shopp installation will be activated with the server.
A Shopp Support Key is a WordPress plugin that you can install through WordPress:
- Login to your site’s WordPress Admin
- Click on the Plugins menu
- At the top, click the Add New button
- On the Install Plugins screen, click Upload
- Click the Choose File button and select your
shopp-support.zipfile from your computer.
- Click the Install Now
- Enter FTP information (if necessary)
- Click the Activate button to activate the plugin after installation
If this fails, you can use an FTP app to install it instead. Unzip the file, and upload the
shopp-support/ directory to the
wp-content/plugins/ directory. Then login to the WP admin, and under the Plugins menu activate the Shopp+Support plugin.