The Details & Specs panel is used to track individual details (or specs) of a product. For example, if you are selling a bookshelf, you might track the dimensions of height, width, depth and perhaps the number of shelves. Likewise, for a DVD movie, you might track the running time, director, actors, studio, etc.
To add a new details:
- Click the Add Product Detail button
- A new entry appears in the menu on the right with a generic name
- The new entry is automatically highlighted; just start typing to change the name
- Clicking the name of the entry or the arrow to the right of it will select the detail. A new content area will be displayed to the right of the menu list
- Type the information associated with the detail in the text area to the right of the menu of details
To assign the order of details:
- Move your mouse over the name of a detail to show the move ￼ icon for that detail
- Click-and-hold the move icon to drag the detail up and down in the list
Google Merchant Center Specs
For merchants that have signed up to use Google Merchant Center (also known as Google Base), you can use the product details and specs to set up Google Merchant Center feed details. Shopp will recognize specially named product specs and use those details to include the information necessary for Google Merchant Center feeds.
See the Google Merchant Center Products Feed Specification documentation for more information on each value, when it is used, and how the value should be formatted. Understanding how these values are used by the Google Merchant Center, and applying them properly to the details of your product will make your feed to the Google Merchant Center more effective in marketing your products.
Shopp will recognize the following specs to the appropriate Google Merchant Center values:
- Brand: when found, will be used for the product brand in the Google product stream. Used in conjunction with the below GTIN and MPN details.
- UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN-13, ISBN-10, and ISBN: when any of these detail labels are found, will be used for the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) in the Google product stream. Used in conjunction with the Brand and MPN details.
- MPN: when found, will be used for the Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) in the Google product stream. Used in conjunction with the above Brand and GTIN details.
- Color: when found, will be used for the color of the US apparel item in the Google product stream.
- Material: when found, will be used for the material of the US apparel item (such as Leather, Denim, Suede, etc.) in the Google product stream.
- Pattern: when found, will be used for the pattern or graphic of a US apparel item (such as Tiger, Polka Dot, Striped, Paisley, etc.) in the Google product stream.
- Size: when found, will be used for the size of a US apparel or shoe item (such as S, M, L, or 9, 10, etc.) in the Google product stream.
- Gender: when found, will be used for the gender value (Male, Female, and Unisex) for US apparel items.
- Age Group: when found, will be used for the age group value (Adult or Kids) for US apparel items.
- Google Product Category: when found will be used for the full Google product taxonomy for Apparel & Accessories, Media, and Software items in the US, UK, Germany, France, or Japan. See the Google product taxonomy page for more information of the full taxonomy names.