The GD library is a graphics drawing library that provides tools for manipulating image data. In Shopp, the GD library is used to process images for generating gallery preview and thumbnail size images automatically.
If your web hosting does not have GD support you have a limited amount of options:
- Contact your web hosting technical support and request support for the GD library in PHP. This is not always successful. Some hosts may be resistant to adding new software due to support costs (maintaining updates) and fear of security threats. This is just a warning that your mileage may vary. Our recommendation… ask really nicely.
- Find a new web hosting company that you can be sure fits all the requirements for Shopp.
If you are running your own server, you have other options available depending on your operating system:
- On Windows servers, php_gd2.dll is included in a standard PHP installation, but is not enabled by default. To enable it, uncomment the
extension=php_gd2.dllline in your php.ini file (remove the # from the beginning of that line) and restart the PHP extension.
- Linux distributions that have package managers can usually find easy installs. For example:
yum install php-gdor
apt-get install php5-gdBe sure to restart your web server daemon after installing the library.
- Compile from source into PHP (meaning you’ll have to re-compile PHP). 
- Image Upload Stalls Over SSL
- No Base of Operations or Target Markets
- You Do Not Have Sufficient Permission to Access This Page
- Fatal Error When Activating Shopp
- No Email
- Activation Fatal Error – ImageSetting not found
- Troubleshooting Microsoft IIS
- $$ in the wp-config.php may break Shopp images on website
- Web Hosting PHP5 Support
- Broken Images on Windows Server