The GD library is a graphics drawing library that provides tools for manipulating image data. In Shopp, the GD library is used to process images for generating gallery preview and thumbnail size images automatically.
If your web hosting does not have GD support you have a limited amount of options:
- Contact your web hosting technical support and request support for the GD library in PHP. This is not always successful. Some hosts may be resistant to adding new software due to support costs (maintaining updates) and fear of security threats. This is just a warning that your mileage may vary. Our recommendation… ask really nicely.
- Find a new web hosting company that you can be sure fits all the requirements for Shopp.
If you are running your own server, you have other options available depending on your operating system:
- On Windows servers, php_gd2.dll is included in a standard PHP installation, but is not enabled by default. To enable it, uncomment the
extension=php_gd2.dllline in your php.ini file (remove the # from the beginning of that line) and restart the PHP extension.
- Linux distributions that have package managers can usually find easy installs. For example:
yum install php-gdor
apt-get install php5-gdBe sure to restart your web server daemon after installing the library.
- Compile from source into PHP (meaning you’ll have to re-compile PHP). 
- Hot Link Protection Can Break Images over HTTPS
- Unable To Save Products With Large Amount of Variations
- A Purchase Notification Could Not Be Sent
- Shopp 1.2/1.2.1 Upgrade leaves NaN in Product Shipping
- SuPHP Permission Issues
- Nginx Rewrite Rule for Shopp Images
- An Error Occurred While Updating Shopp
- Activation Fails With Blank Page
- Shopp Compatibility List
- No images appear in webshop after update