The PayPal PayFlow Pro gateway module for Shopp uses a local checkout process, meaning that the customer stays on your website throughout the entire transaction. As sensitive information is required to complete a transaction, Setup SSL & Certificates for your website is required.
Here is how you get the account information from PayPal:
- Log in to your PayPal Business account.
- Click the My Account tab.
- Click the Profile tab.
- Click Request API credentials under Account information.
- Click Set up Payflow Pro API access under Option 2.
- Use the information to enter the username, partner, vendor, and password in your Shopp setup.
PayPal Account Setup
For merchants that have existing internet merchant accounts with their bank, to start using the PayPal PayFlow Pro payment gateway, you’ll need to setup a PayPal Payflow Pro account. For merchants that do not have an existing internet merchant account, you’ll need to setup a PayPal Payments Pro account. You’ll use your registered PayPal Manager account credential in the Shopp Payflow Pro module.
If you aren’t yet ready to purchase the PayPal PayFlow Pro account, but you need to be able to test the gateway while you are developing your Shopp site, follow the same process to setup a full PayPal Payflow Pro account, and stop just short of submitting a payment (the last step).
You will find that your account will still have been created, and you will receive a confirmation email which will allow you to login to the PayPal Manager. Your account will remain in Test mode until you activate it with purchase.
- Uncompress the add-on files
- Upload the folder (directory) and all its contents to your Shopp add-ons folder (directory) under:
During the setup process of your Payflow Pro account, you will select a merchant login ID and password, which you will use in your Payments Settings for Payflow Pro. Depending on whether you have multiple stores or not, and if you signed up for an account through a reseller or not, you may also need your user account and resellers ID.
To begin the Payflow Pro setup:
- Open your WordPress admin and navigate to Shopp → Setup → Payments
- In the Add a payment system dropdown, select PayPal Payflow Pro.
- Add the following PayPal manager account credentials and settings:
- Payments Pro or Payflow Pro Manager user account (optionally and by default blank if only running one store)
- Payments Pro or Payflow Pro Manager merchant (vendor) login ID (usually the same as the user account)
- Payments Pro or Payflow Pro Manager resellers ID (default is PayPal if you purchased your account directly from PayPal)
- Payments Pro or Payflow Pro Manager account password
Enable test mode
By toggling on this setting, you will be able to run test checkouts without any money changing hands or accounts being debited. This setting switches the PayPal Payflow Pro gateway to use the test environment. You will need a valid PayPal Payflow Pro account to use test mode. Successfully processed test orders will show up in your Orders page as if they were fully processed.